[SOLVED] Pending Updates Anomaly

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
ElderDryas

[SOLVED] Pending Updates Anomaly

Post by ElderDryas »

I've been getting notices of pending updates that appear to be a bit strange (i.e., downgrading the version of various apps).

http://imagebin.org/257428

This appears to be a large subset of what is included on the initial update on a fresh install.

It also has happened at various times the past couple of months

Anyone have an explanation on what is going on?
Last edited by ElderDryas on 12. May 2013, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
caitlyn

Re: Pending Updates Anomaly

Post by caitlyn »

I've seen a different anomaly on Salix64. I get the notification icon for updates and when I click on it and enter the root password it tells me that no updates are available. This has happened quite a lot.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have an idea of why this is happening, but it seems that it's nothing that we are doing wrong in salix.

All these are slackware packages. It seems that the info that the salix "ghost" slackware repo receives from the official slackware repo sometimes is missing the information about updated packages in the /patches dir. So, it thinks that the latest version is the original version. As soon as it syncs again and does it properly, packages in the /patches dir are taken into account again and all is back to normal. I haven't been able to reproduce this myself, it seems quite random.
ElderDryas

Post by ElderDryas »

gapan wrote:I have an idea of why this is happening....
OK, thanks Gapan. I'll marked it "solved" (even though it would be nice to have it "fixed" :)