Install from a USB stick
From Salix OS
This page is about using the standard installation images, not the live images. If you want to install SalixLive on your USB drive, follow these instructions instead: How to install salix live on a USB key
- Create your USB stick with UNetbootin (available on many distributions and for Windows on their website).
- If you're using the 32-bit version and have an smp CPU (most probably you do), when booting the USB stick, make sure you are using the hugesmp.s kernel, not the huge.s kernel, which doesn't support smp.
- At Salix installation choose "Install from hard disk"
- Enter the device of your USB stick: This probably is /dev/sdb1 if you only have one hard disk. Please note that few sticks are mounted by /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sdb1.
- The next dialog want's to know where the Salix packages are located on the USB stick. The correct answer here is /salix
- Everything should work now.