Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

Post by JRD »

Also, when using gigolo, it no longer has the option to remember login passwords. Was that handled by gnome-keyring in earlier versions? Can't remember anymore. Is that an oversight, or deliberate?
Yes it was handled by gnome-keyring.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I've noticed that Firefox won't log me on to this forum automatically any more, though it does remember the password. A default set differently in Firefox, or something to do with keyrings, too?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

toothandnail wrote:A minor matter - tried to install mp3split. Its failing with an unmet dep for 'lib'....
Can't see anything wrong. Can you update the package cache and try again?
toothandnail wrote:Also, when using gigolo, it no longer has the option to remember login passwords. Was that handled by gnome-keyring in earlier versions? Can't remember anymore. Is that an oversight, or deliberate?
Does it work if you install gnome-keyring?
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Yes, my choice to log in automatically on each visit is remembered now I have installed the keyring.

EDIT

I spoke too soon. No it doesn't, though I think the behaviour is different in that if I exit Firefox while logged in, I am logged in when I run Firefox again.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote:
toothandnail wrote:A minor matter - tried to install mp3split. Its failing with an unmet dep for 'lib'....
Can't see anything wrong. Can you update the package cache and try again?
Did so. No change - still comes up with a missing dep. I let it install anyway, when I try to run it, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

redmond[~]$ mp3splt
mp3splt: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3splt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
toothandnail wrote:Also, when using gigolo, it no longer has the option to remember login passwords. Was that handled by gnome-keyring in earlier versions? Can't remember anymore. Is that an oversight, or deliberate?
Does it work if you install gnome-keyring?
No change. Maybe its a compile-time requirement?

Paul.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

toothandnail wrote:Did so. No change - still comes up with a missing dep. I let it install anyway, when I try to run it, I'm getting this error:

redmond[~]$ mp3splt
mp3splt: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3splt.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Please install libmp3splt. The dep file of mp3splt was wrong and I've fixed it now. Thanks for the report!
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

thenktor wrote:
toothandnail wrote:Did so. No change - still comes up with a missing dep. I let it install anyway, when I try to run it, I'm getting this error:

redmond[~]$ mp3splt
Please install libmp3splt. The dep file of mp3splt was wrong and I've fixed it now. Thanks for the report!
Thanks thenktor, that fixed it.

Paul.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

loukingjr wrote:I just installed 13.2b1 this morning and am running into a couple odd issues. One, I can't use "parole --xv disable". it gives me a no such command error although it works with other distros. I also installed VLC 1.1.7 and it won't change appearance when I force window style to GTK+ to match my theme.
still having an issue with VLC not changing themes. :(
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
danharris

Post by danharris »

i am having trouble with lilo. i installed the 13.2 beta over a slackware install and all went well untill reboot. i got my old slackware bootsplash....followed by ;

Loading LinuxEBDA is big; kernel setup stack overlaps lilo second stage
i rebooted from the install media, exited the installer, mounted the new install, chrooted to the new install, nano lilo.conf...all looked good, ran lilo, it verbosed that linux was added, reboot.
back to the old slackware bootsplash. so i dont know whats going on... in the meantime, im stuck with a non booting machine....so, because slack takes way to long to set up...i might try the last live release...
a few things to note about my install. im running an Acer Aspire one netbook. i installed from a usb flash drive via unetbootin, and cfdisk complained about bad primary partition 3, partition ends in final partial cylinder, exit...its the factory windows install that i resized months ago, i dont even mount it...all my stuff is extended sda5,6,&7 so nevermind about that...

love the distro...hate the artwork (no offence)...ill try to look into this lilo thing a little deeper.. thanks
dan
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

danharris wrote:i am having trouble with lilo. i installed the 13.2 beta over a slackware install
What exactly do you mean "over"? Did you format the partitions you used?
danharris wrote:and all went well untill reboot. i got my old slackware bootsplash....followed by ;

Loading LinuxEBDA is big; kernel setup stack overlaps lilo second stage
i rebooted from the install media, exited the installer, mounted the new install, chrooted to the new install, nano lilo.conf...all looked good, ran lilo, it verbosed that linux was added, reboot.
back to the old slackware bootsplash. so i dont know whats going on...
After running the salix lilo, you shouldn't see the slackware bootsplash, you should see the salix bootsplash. So, lilo is not getting installed for some reason. Are you sure you read the lilo output carefully? How did you install lilo during installation? Did you let it autoinstall, or did you do the "expert" install?