Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 13.2beta1 is ready for testing!

Post by gapan »

justwantin wrote:Is there anything different with the claws mail in 13.2beta1 and the install from 13.1?
They are different versions.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

JRD wrote:"Nouveau" made a great progress, at least for my card. Works like a charm. Better than nv !
Confirmed.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Up and running! Libreoffice under 13.2 seems noticeably more responsive than OpenOffice under 13.1.2. Should there be a significant performance improvement, or is it my imagination?

My earlier problem was indeed a bad burn, btw.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Everyone that has installed the beta, should replace util-linux-ng with util-linux, so run:

Code: Select all

spkg -d util-linux-ng
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i util-linux
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

gapan wrote:Everyone that has installed the beta, should replace util-linux-ng with util-linux, so run:

spkg -d util-linux-ng
slapt-get -u
slapt-get -i util-linux
hmmm, I get a spkg: command not found error in both user and root.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

loukingjr wrote:hmmm, I get a spkg: command not found error in both user and root.
Did you remove spkg?
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

gapan wrote:
loukingjr wrote:hmmm, I get a spkg: command not found error in both user and root.
Did you remove spkg?
not on purpose :P :D . it's not even listed in gslapt.

oh wait. nm. my fault.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

Install (32-bit version so far) was fine. Looks nice, good and quick as well.

A couple of things. Can't find where to set notification preferences. I should remember it, but so far, I've failed miserably.

Attempting to install multimedia codecs, the process gets close to finishing, then reports an error and fails:

There was an error downloading the required packages. Please make sure that your internet connection is working properly and try again
:) Still getting used to the 2.1 beta of Seamonkey. Works well, but has a few unexpected things.....

I've made a little bit of use of Sourcery (wanted the Xfce mount plugin, since Xfce no longer has a umount option for optical media). Maybe not a very demanding test, but it worked well, so I now have a functional mount plugin for the panel.

Looks very good indeed so far.

Paul.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

toothandnail wrote:A couple of things. Can't find where to set notification preferences. I should remember it, but so far, I've failed miserably.
Update the notification-daemon package and you'll find it in the settings menu.
toothandnail wrote:Attempting to install multimedia codecs, the process gets close to finishing, then reports an error and fails:

There was an error downloading the required packages. Please make sure that your internet connection is working properly and try again
Update salix-codecs-installer and run it again.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote:
toothandnail wrote:A couple of things. Can't find where to set notification preferences. I should remember it, but so far, I've failed miserably.
Update the notification-daemon package and you'll find it in the settings menu.
Thanks - fixed.....
toothandnail wrote:Attempting to install multimedia codecs, the process gets close to finishing, then reports an error and fails:

Update salix-codecs-installer and run it again.
:) fixed using sed as in the other thread (which I found after entering the message here, naturally).

A minor matter - tried to install mp3split. Its failing with an unmet dep for 'lib'....

Also, when using gigolo, it no longer has the option to remember login passwords. Was that handled by gnome-keyring in earlier versions? Can't remember anymore. Is that an oversight, or deliberate?

So far, I've managed to build the new version of Medit, which works fine, and my builds of Osmo and deps work. For them, I still need to fix a few things before they can go to the reop....

Paul.