This serve as a base for other flavours: as you may have already seen, a KDE beta1 version was built using the new SaLT (Salix Live Technology) system.
Like with the previous rc version, a lot of corrections have been brought, both to the SaLT system and to the live tools (Live Installer, LiloSetup, LiveClone and Persistence Wizard).
Among the bugs corrected, the most annoying ones were:
- weird mountpoints was shown in the peristence wizard
- possibility to keep changes directly (without a first reboot) while setting the peristence file if it's big enough
- installation error with lilosetup in some configurations
- loopback.cfg is now fully supported, either with the limited grub2 1.98 and with the grub2 1.99+
- one can install multiple SaLT system on the same media (USB disk, harddisk, remastered CD/DVD) using the configuration in the .live file (basedir variable)
- power down/reboot problem was hanging in some situations
- no weird message "# is not a proper command" on grub menu loading
- missing header in kernelive that prevented to install VirtualBox or VMWare additions without installing kernel-source. Same for nvidia/ati prorietary drivers.
- max_loop kernel parameter has been set to 20 per default to prevent the error "could not find any free loop device" in some circumstances
So here are the downloadable files:
- 32 bits:
- 64 bits:
P.S. The default user is still one with no password, and the root password is still live.