Enlighten me [SOLVED]

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Tim CowChip

Enlighten me [SOLVED]

Post by Tim CowChip »

I built Enlightenment with Sourcery and I didn't know I was supposed to change prefix flags in the config, not that would know how to do that anyway. So I

Code: Select all

cp /usr/lib64/enlightenment  /usr/lib/enlightenment
I still can't login to Enlightenment. The xsessions-error file says Evas couldn't load EET files. Check Evas has EET loader support. How do I do this?
Last edited by Tim CowChip on 20. Sep 2011, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: Enlighten me

Post by thenktor »

If you are running the x86_64 version /usr/lib64/ is fine. You should not copy anything to /usr/lib/. Please run slapt-src --search enlightenment. You'll see a bunch of libraries that you probably have to install before enlightenment itself.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

I found the best way to install E17 on Salix/Slackware is to use the slackbuild provided here:
http://slackadelic.com/~thrice/e17/.
It uses the current svn tree, which is pretty stable.
Download all the contents of the above folder, go into /src and run the checkout script, it downloads and compresses all the EFL & E and compresses them.
You can add any extra modules you may wish to try by easily editing the .slackBuild scripts.
Then run the e17.SlackBuild, which makes & installs the slackbuild pkgs in order.
Recently,for me, "E" doesn't seem to install properly for some reason (haven't worked out why yet), so I go into the Enlightenment folder and run the individual SlackBuild and then install it.

There is also slacke17, using april 2011 EFL files (stable release), 32 & 64 pkgs are provided.
http://slacke17.sourceforge.net/
Both add a login entry.
If you follow the above routes, first uninstall what you have installed already and it's worth deleting /home/user/.e (save your themes and/or profiles then copy over after) , and enlightenment folders in /tmp.
Good luck. I have been using E17 on Salix for a while now, works great.
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

thenktor wrote:If you are running the x86_64 version /usr/lib64/ is fine. You should not copy anything to /usr/lib/. Please run slapt-src --search enlightenment. You'll see a bunch of libraries that you probably have to install before enlightenment itself.
I ran

Code: Select all

slapt-src --search enlightenment
the output was
  • evas:1.0.1 - Evas (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    topher[~]$ slapt-src --search enlightenment
    e_dbus:1.0.1 - E_dbus (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    ecore:1.0.1 - Ecore (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    edje:1.0.1 - Edje (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    eet:1.4.1 - Eet (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    eeze:1.0.1 - Eeze (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    efreet:1.0.1 - Efreet (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    eina:1.0.1 - Eina (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    embryo:1.0.0 - Embryo (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
    enlightenment:0.16.999.55225 - Enlightenment DR17 (a window manager and desktop shell)
    evas:1.0.1 - Evas (one of the Enlightenment DR17 foundation libraries)
Are there any others that I need to install?
ImageImage
Tim CowChip

Post by Tim CowChip »

pevsner wrote:I found the best way to install E17 on Salix/Slackware is to use the slackbuild provided here:
http://slackadelic.com/~thrice/e17/.
It uses the current svn tree, which is pretty stable.
Download all the contents of the above folder, go into /src and run the checkout script, it downloads and compresses all the EFL & E and compresses them.
You can add any extra modules you may wish to try by easily editing the .slackBuild scripts.
Then run the e17.SlackBuild, which makes & installs the slackbuild pkgs in order.
Recently,for me, "E" doesn't seem to install properly for some reason (haven't worked out why yet), so I go into the Enlightenment folder and run the individual SlackBuild and then install it.

There is also slacke17, using april 2011 EFL files (stable release), 32 & 64 pkgs are provided.
http://slacke17.sourceforge.net/
Both add a login entry.
If you follow the above routes, first uninstall what you have installed already and it's worth deleting /home/user/.e (save your themes and/or profiles then copy over after) , and enlightenment folders in /tmp.
Good luck. I have been using E17 on Salix for a while now, works great.
I tried slacke17. Works great! Thanks pevsner.
ImageImage
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: Enlighten me [SOLVED]

Post by thenktor »

Yep, these methods seem to be much simpler ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)