(Solved) Salix Drivers For Eeepc701

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Drivers For Eeepc701

Post by Akuna »

Ok. I found the problem. The framakey-salix comes with the persistence already activated. The initial network configuration of the framakey-salix creator is interfering with other machines configurations. I'll get in contact with him to find a suitable solution.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I had what looks like the same problem - also unable to mount DVDs, perhaps for the same underlying reason?

Perhaps the way forward would be for the Framakey installer to create the persistent file during installation on the USB. But does this mean vanilla LiveCloned Salix too is set to match the hardware it was made on, potentially leading to similar portability problems?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=147&start=40
Last edited by mimosa on 15. Jan 2011, 13:54, edited 3 times in total.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

mimosa wrote:But does this mean vanilla LiveCloned Salix too is set to match the hardware it was made on, potentially leading to similar portability problems?
No.
arcturien

Post by arcturien »

Akuna wrote:Ok. I found the problem. The framakey-salix comes with the persistence already activated. The initial network configuration of the framakey-salix creator is interfering with other machines configurations. I'll get in contact with him to find a suitable solution.
Thanks all for your support and hard work, I'll test the new version of framakey-salix wich correct this persistence issue.

@+
rv.
Moose

Post by Moose »

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if Salix will work on an Eric? My friend has an eeepc running Jolicloud, and it's really messed up, so I'd love to install Salix on it.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Moose wrote:Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if Salix will work on an Eric? My friend has an eeepc running Jolicloud, and it's really messed up, so I'd love to install Salix on it.
What is an Eric?
arcturien

Post by arcturien »

Hi all,

Just want to say that the issue with Framakey Salix has been resolved with the last version.

Everything is just running right on my tiny Eeepc 701, with Framakey Salix installed on a 8 Go SD card.
:-)

Thanks all for your help!!!

@+
rv.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

You are most welcome. Great news! :)
Moose

Post by Moose »

gapan wrote:
Moose wrote:Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know if Salix will work on an Eric? My friend has an eeepc running Jolicloud, and it's really messed up, so I'd love to install Salix on it.
What is an Eric?
Stupid iPod spell check. I typed eeepc, sorry. From what I saw in this topic, you can just install Salix and it'll work on an eeepc, am I correct?
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

Moose wrote:you can just install Salix and it'll work on an eeepc, am I correct?
According to the above testimonies of a couple eeepc owners it seems so.