installer won't run Gparted

mimosa
Salix Warrior

installer won't run Gparted

Post by mimosa »

When I get to the Partitions section and click on the left-hand button to modify partitions, a message pops up to say swap has been detected and the installer goes straight on to choosing which partition to put Salix on.

I think this only happened because I got that far before and realised I wanted to change it after all. But even quitting and restarting the installer, it won't run gparted.

It's nice that it remembers all my other settings, so I can just click yes and quickly get back to the stage I'd reached.

I'll just run Gparted separately ... so it's going to be tricky for me to do any testing.

This is using Salix Live 13.37 RC

EDIT

But it won't, and this is perhaps the problem:

Code: Select all

root[one]# gparted
error: libhal_acquire_global_interface_lock: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.InterfaceAlreadyLocked: The interface org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Storage is already exclusively locked either by someone else or it's already locked by yourself
I'll try rebooting.

EDIT2

Also, there's this:

Code: Select all

root[one]# mount
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/lilosetup/mnt/sda1 type ntfs (rw)
root[one]# umount /dev/sda1
which didn't help.

I should explain that I deleted Salix then discovered I couldn't run Lilosetup to boot just Windows. So I am making a temporary Salix to get round that - but I exited Lilosetup (by clicking Quit) and it must have left the Windows partition mounted.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: installer won't run Gparted

Post by JRD »

If you have two instances of gparted running, this is the expected result. Check with htop if you have another instance running.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

JRD, I don't think it was that, but it'd be tricky to try and reproduce the problem now. If I ever come across it again, I'll certainly check with htop to rule out the possibility that another instance of Gparted is running. However, it seems odd. Why would I have tried to run Gparted, either inside or outside the installer, if it was already being used? Maybe I somehow didn't shut it down properly? Anyway, at this stage I can't really remember what I was doing, although I must have used Gparted at some stage to delete the old Salix partition.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Ok, I understand.
So let's see if this appears another time or not ;-)