This includes the same applications and packages as the regular Salix Xfce 13.37, 32 or 64 bits, with the following additions:
- isomaster, for managing ISO files;
- gparted, for managing partitions;
- grub2, for a beautiful boot menu and options;
- rdesktop, for connecting to RDP server (like Windows or VirtualBox 4+);
- salix-live-installer, for installing Salix on a hard disk;
- persistence-wizard, for creating a persistence file in order to keep changes upon reboot in the live environment.
The LiveClone tool is still under development and will be part of the beta version to come.
Some boot options are not yet been included in the grub2 boot menu. So here are the missing ones:
- ibus=on, to activate the new IBus keyboard system;
- passwd=new_password, to change the root password. Use 'ask' to be asked about the new root password;
- nosound, will mute all sound;
- identfile, to change the file looked into the live CD. Only useful for those who remaster this alpha version;
- savefile, to change the file looked for the persistence file;
- proxy=server:port, to fix a global proxy to use for Salix.
The root password is live.
You don't need a password for the regular and auto-logged in user one.
The startup guide is still being written and can be found here http://people.salixos.org/tsuren/doc/Sa ... draft3.pdf
You can download the ISOs from here:
There is also a way to boot the LiveCD through PXE. For this, you need a special initrd. Here it is, for 32 or 64 bits, respectively:
- http://enialis.net/~jrd/salix/salixlive ... 3.37-32.xz
- http://enialis.net/~jrd/salix/salixlive ... 3.37-64.xz