Compiling lightspark for SalixOS

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: Compiling lightspark for SalixOS

Post by thenktor »

Is xulrunner really needed then? Or does a fixed link work?
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

It appears that xulrunner is really needed. So is pulseaudio, which is compiling now. I have my doubts about whether this is worth it or not.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

It ptobably will suck at the end :mrgreen: :P :lol:
But it's worth a try.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

OK, I installed pulseaudio and sound still works. cmake failed again, this time on dependencies for ftgl and glew. I installed ftgl from the repository but found that glew was already installed. The problem was that the SalixOS glew package doesn't have a /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/glew.pc (Is that an error in the package?) Anyway, I created one and cmake ran correctly. So far, so good.

make failed.

Code: Select all

[  2%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/spark.dir/swf.cpp.o
In file included from /home/caitlyn/lightspark/tags.h:26,
                 from /home/caitlyn/lightspark/abc.h:29,
                 from /home/caitlyn/lightspark/swf.cpp:26:
/home/caitlyn/lightspark/swftypes.h:24:35: error: llvm/System/DataTypes.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/spark.dir/swf.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/spark.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
root[build]# 
It turns out DataTypes.h lives under /usr/include/llvm/Support/ rather than /usr/include/llvm/System/ I made a link and the compilation then was able to proceed to 30% before returning another error:

Code: Select all

[ 30%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/spark.dir/abc.cpp.o
/home/caitlyn/lightspark/abc.cpp: In static member function ‘static void lightspark::ABCVm::Run(lightspark::ABCVm*)’:
/home/caitlyn/lightspark/abc.cpp:1331: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::FunctionPassManager::FunctionPassManager(llvm::Module*&)’
/usr/include/llvm/PassManager.h:75: note: candidates are: llvm::FunctionPassManager::FunctionPassManager(llvm::ModuleProvider*)
/usr/include/llvm/PassManager.h:71: note:                 llvm::FunctionPassManager::FunctionPassManager(const llvm::FunctionPassManager&)
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/spark.dir/abc.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/spark.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I checked and /usr/include/llvm/PassManager.h is there. So... I'm stuck again. Grrr...
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

I tried again with the last release code (version 0.4.1) instead of the latest code from the git repository. The results were exactly the same. Unless someone has a suggestion about what the llvm errors mean and how I can correct them I'm pretty well stuck when it comes to compiling this.

I could try the Ubuntu package with alien as a last resort.
Shador

Post by Shador »

The error is there because though the right function ('llvm::FunctionPassManager::FunctionPassManager') exists it's not accepting 'llvm::Module*&' as argument. The possible arguments are 'llvm::ModuleProvider*' or 'const llvm::FunctionPassManager&'.
But I don't know how to fix it. Maybe you should have a chat with the devs, might be something you did wrong or even a bug/incompatibility in their code.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=496 wrote: Lightspark 0.4.2 released

Ver­sion 0.4.2 of Lightspark, the mod­ern, effi­cient, open source Flash player is now offi­cially released, with a cou­ple of last moment fixes and improvements.

The main fea­tures of this new release are:

* Use font­con­fig to select fonts
* Greater com­pat­i­bil­ity with youtube video
* Sound syn­chro­niza­tion
* Chrome/Chromium sup­port
* Firefox’s OOPP support

If you use a ver­sion of fire­fox newer than 3.6.4 you can ensure a crash free expe­ri­ence by enabling OOPP mode for lightspark
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/lights ... i/Building

Somebody already tried? :geek:
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

Thanks for the heads up. I may give it a try again. I had given up on previous versions.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

caitlyn, fyi (as already written in the "64 bits flash" thread)
damNageHack wrote:Lightspark seems not or only rarely to work in Firefox 3.6.4 and Midori 0.2.6. Dunno about Chrome (new feature of lightspark 0.4.2).
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.