Based on the work and idea of Ralvex
, I also packaged Xfce 4.10
, but using a different approch
: using SLKBUILD
instead of old salckbuild
, packing some software differently so one can install Thunar without the whole Xfce, one can have Xfce without xfwm4 (for example if it uses emerald, like I do), …
You can find the two repositories for 32
So add this to your slapt-getrc
- Code: Select all
- Code: Select all
For the same exact reason as Ralvex, some packages you may have installed conflicts with the way the new Xfce (and particularly Thunar) do things. These conflicted packages are
marked as such in a .con file, so your package manager should automatically deals with it. These are:
- thunar-vfs (gvf/gio is used now, so thunar virtual file system is useless)
- thunar-thumbnailers (thunar now comes with tumbler which do all work thunar-thumbnailers did but better and more quickly. You cannot have both installed, so remove this before installing tumbler)
If you had already a previous Xfce installation, on the first session login, Xfce will propose you to migrate your configuration.
It works pretty good but some Xfce Panel plugins configuration needs to be updated. From memory:
- netload plugin lost the device name, you need to specify it again;
- system monitor plugin lost all configurations;
- you need to add a separator which can extend itself after the window list plugin to restore old behavior;
- you need to reconfigure default controller in Xfce Mixer plugin;
- Xfce panels will not be locked anymore (if it was previously), you need to lock them again if you wish.
Fell free to tell me if it works for you, if you like it or not, and if you have problem with the repo.
[Edit] I finally repacked thunar, thunar-volman and tumbler into three separate packages.
For 64 bits, it's not updated yet...