[solved] Missing Bonsai

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
f.bluedevil

[solved] Missing Bonsai

Post by f.bluedevil »

I spent a couple of hours this morning working with Slackware 13.37 rc2, when I suddenly realized my browser was working and I hadn't configured my wpa_supplicant file ...in fact, I realized I didn't even know how to configure my wpa_supplicant file? ...something was wrong.

So, I became alarmed, l had grown old and I was lost in Linux without a clue! (An aging distro-hopper's worst nightmare.)

So, I thought about it. Everything was working fine ....so it wasn't Fedora nor Ubuntu, it wasn't green so it wasn't mint, no dolphins or lizards, not Zenwalk, not Suse. Had to be Debian stable. But then I noticed ...the software was up to date. So, where was I?

Then I remembered, I had given up my distro-hopping for a stable, dependable, up to date, easy to use but not limiting distribution called Salix, ...and it came with a bonsai tree. Now this distro I'm using, is stable, up to date, easy to use, but non-limiting and obviously based on Slack principles but it doesn't come with a bonsai, not in the log-in screen, nor on the wallpaper.

So, where am I? ....wish I had a bonsai tree ...so I'd know.
Last edited by f.bluedevil on 14. Apr 2011, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
pwatk

Re: Missing Bonsai

Post by pwatk »

Menu button ;)
Arael

Post by Arael »

Welcome home. ;)

The bonsai tree is in the xfce4-panel menu button.

More then the logo is important what Salix is. You have explained that quite well.
As for the wallpaper you can always change that. No big deal, don't you think? ;)
f.bluedevil

Post by f.bluedevil »

Menu button
The bonsai tree is in the xfce4-panel menu button.
Thanks for the suggestions but I had already changed out the Menu button with the xfce Mouse button, cause I couldn't tell if I was in xfce or gnome.
No big deal, don't you think? ;)
Yeah, you're right, so I'm gonna give up this protest. Besides, nobody's taking me seriously anyway ;)
antmon

Re: [solved] Missing Bonsai

Post by antmon »

Hi f.bluedevil!
That is a nice peace of writing. I guess something should be done about that.